Writing Challenge: March 17, 2018
Prompt: Write 5 things you’d like to say to your ex
*I changed this to things I’d like to say to my five ex’s*
- J- Thank you for being my first love. We were young and stupid, and had no idea what we were doing, but thanks for being my friend before and after you were my first boyfriend.
- C- I’m sorry I wasn’t ready to be more than a girlfriend. We were very different and had very different needs in relationships. I’m sorry I couldn’t be what you needed, and I’m glad we both understand that now.
- M- You were more of a friend that a lover, and that was exactly what I needed. We had so much fun together. I am so happy for you and your wife.
- D- I’m so sorry. I loved you. I really did, but I couldn’t handle watching you slowly kill yourself. The secrets, the stress, the ER visits, the smell of cheap vodka and whiskey… I couldn’t do it anymore. I don’t blame you and I don’t blame myself either. Thank you for the three years we were together. Thank you for supporting me. I hope you heal. I hope you find peace. Part of me will always love you, but I couldn’t save you from yourself.
- K- Hello to my ex-ex. Our crazy, dysfunctional, immature relationship has come a long way. We were both so scarred and afraid of ourselves when we met at 15. We had to learn to love ourselves and others before we could finally, fully, come together. Thank you for being patient. Thank you for giving it another try. Thank you for allowing us to take long breaks and let things go. Thank you for deciding to learn from our mistakes instead of giving up.